miss b's quote

'I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list' Susan Sontag

Monday 15 August 2011

miss b loves............ cupcakes

My favourite part of a birthday party has always been the fairy cakes preferably iced in pink with a cherry on top or, for a really special treat, butterfly cakes oozing with raspberry jam and whipped cream with a dusting of icing sugar on the 'wings'. However, these days I have moved on to the more grown-up cupcake. I have searched the world for the perfect one from the Magnolia Bakery in Bloomingdales to The Hummingbird Bakery in London via Fiona Cairns, More in Chicago and various coffee shops here and there but I think I've found cupcake heaven at Sugar Daddy's in Dubai Marina.
They display them in a gorgeous colour co-ordinated way with witty names describing them beautifully...Fake Blonde, Gold Digger, Beach Babe (complete with parasol!), Tanned and Toned (that's a chocolate cupcake with caramel frosting, of course)and obviously Red Velvet..... etc. etc.
                                                                                                 

If all this choice is too much then a selection of mini ones is on offer too.
Mini cupcakes - so cute!

Red Velvet (from Hummingbird Bakery) has until now been my number 1 cupcake but Sugar Daddy's Pink Cadillac, with its lighter than light texture, vanilla flavour and scrummmy strawberry frosting might just have pushed the legendary Red Velvet to number 2 spot!
  
Pink Cadillac

I love the fresh, clean, modern decor at Sugar Daddy's and the cooking stations complete with pink Kitchen Aid food mixers are ready in place for the new cupcake classes which are hopefully starting in the autumn. I assumed these classes were for children, birthday parties etc. but was delighted to be told that there is no age limit so I'll certainly be booking my place! ( My one and only attempt at cupcakes was not a success - very pretty but very heavy!)


Ready...steady...cook...


miss b recommends:
  • cappuccino and a Pink Cadillac
  • Red Velvet


There are other branches of Sugar Daddy's around Dubai, a new one opening soon in Ibn Battuta Mall and a delivery service too.



                                     
                 
*Sugar Daddy's has now been rebranded as Hey Sugar.

3 comments:

  1. CUTE cupcake place! J'adore cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LoVe CuPCaKe!!!!!!!!......your blog is very beautiful....... i'm your new follower from Italy!....sorry for my english ^__^ a big kiss Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment about my blog, Sara and for following!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on my blog. I really do appreciate it. miss b

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...